Google Authorship is a way to link content you create with a Google+ profile, where your headshot image will appear next to your content in Google’s search results. How does this benefit you? Having a company blog and adding Google authorship with the latest Penguin updates will show better results in your search rankings and can offer protection against future Google algorithm updates.
This makes complete sense if you think about it. If your company is putting out high quality content and is being seen as a thought leader in your industry, then you should be rewarded for that by having a higher ranking in search engines. Side note, Authorship by itself wouldn’t help you rank higher (you still have to create great content), but it will help you stand out.
- Higher Visibility, people are drawn to the image first, then the headline.
- Page Views, more opportunities for people to click on other articles. When you are listed with Google Authorship, not only is the current page listed but it also suggest other articles written by the author.
- Establish Authority, be seen as the thought leader of your industry. The more quality content you put out there the more search results you will get.
How to implement Google Authorship:
- Follow directions from Google Authorship Page
- Join Google+
- Add “About Us” section on website and include a picture and bio of your staff
- Add a one line bio at the end of each blog post (About the author:)
Start implementing Google Authorship today, and enjoy the many benefits it has to offer. For more information on SEO marketing and Google Authorship or any of our Content Marketing services, contact us at 720-263-1736.