Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the most effective and least expensive inbound marketing strategies available to companies of all sizes nowadays. Optimizing a website to rank naturally (aka organically) on page number one on Google, and other search engines such as Bing and Yahoo, needs to be a top priority for local, national and international businesses. Yet, many companies lack the knowledge, resources or time to implement and maintain a successful SEO and digital marketing strategy.
The reward for implementing a winning online marketing strategy can be tremendous and help boost a company’s bottom line to unexpected levels. In this hands-on workshop, Chris Raulf, an international SEO expert and founder of Boulder SEO Marketing, and Josh Culver, Director of Search Marketing at Carbon8, will share proven and tested concepts that can be put to work immediately.
What: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Training
When: Thursday, January 28, 2016 from 12:30 – 5:00 pm
Where: RBC, 5251 DTC Parkway, Suite 1200, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Workshop Attendees Will Walk Away Knowing:
- The big picture: Tactics and strategies to outrank competitors in Google search
- How to perform SEO keyword research
- How to implement “agency approved and tested” SEO and digital marketing strategies
- How to measure results
Attendees will be introduced to the “5 Pillars of SEO” concept and get access to various process templates required to execute a powerful digital marketing campaign. Featuring several group exercises, the workshop covers the following elements:
- Introduction to SEO and Digital Marketing
- The “5 Pillars of SEO” concept
- SEO keyword research exercise:
- Creating an initial target SEO keyword list from scratch
- Identifying the “low hanging fruit” SEO keywords that are already working in some ways
- On-page SEO exercise:
- Implementing target SEO keywords on a website, including: meta tags and alt tags optimization, hyperlinking, keyword placement and content optimization
- An introduction to off-page SEO:
- An often neglected SEO strategy, off-page search engine optimization has become an important part of the overall digital marketing strategy
- Attendee will learn the importance of identifying, creating and optimizing listings in the most important business and directory listings, why taking advantage of document sharing sites (aka “Piggyback” sites) such as SlideShare can lead to multiple page number one listings, why LinkedIn company pages and showcase pages can boost SEO results and the need to incorporate social media marketing into an SEO strategy
- Audit and Measure:
- Tools and techniques to audit and measure the effectiveness of your campaign
Is this Workshop Right for me?
This is a hands-on workshop and attendees need to be interested and willing to participate in group exercises. Although this is not a advanced class, the event is best suited for attendees with some prior SEO knowledge. Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Search Console (formerly known as Webmaster Tools) is helpful but not required.
This event is co-hosted by Executives Network.
About the Presenters
Chris Raulf, Founder & President of Boulder SEO Marketing
Chris Raulf is founder of Boulder SEO Marketing, a boutique SEO and digital marketing training and consulting agency located in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. Chris and his team assist local, national and international clients with all of their SEO, social media, content marketing and online marketing training and consulting needs. Chris has over two decades of hands-on experience under his belt and frequently presents at industry events. He admits that he’s a bit obsessed with LinkedIn and enjoys writing articles for Social Media Examiner about LinkedIn.
Josh Culver, Director of Search Marketing for Carbon8
Josh Culver is the head of the Search Marketing Department for Carbon8, an interactive advertising agency located in Denver, Colorado. Josh has been in digital marketing for several years and developed search strategy for small business clients as well as Fortune 500 companies. Carbon8’s search team was recently presented a Gold Key Award for their work in SEO and website design for their work with Energy Outreach Colorado.