Here’s what happened: the “bad apples” in the SEO industry who didn’t adhere to Google’s Quality Guidelines saw their low quality, over-optimized press releases vanish from Google’s search results and the press releases that provide high quality and useful content started to show up higher in Google’s search results.
More than ever now, high quality search engine-optimized press releases are an effective and inexpensive way to generate quality backlinks to your website, improve your site’s visibility in search engines and to increase referral and organic search traffic to your site.
From a “conventional” public relations standpoint, press releases are your window to the world. They support your branding efforts, they keep your customers and stakeholders informed about your latest activities and they also reach potential new customers.
In this 45-minute webinar, public relations expert Marc Gutman of WildStory Media and SEO training expert Chris Raulf of Boulder SEO Marketing discuss the ins and outs of how to get the most out of your public relations efforts.
You will learn:
- How to include search engine-optimized press releases as part of your digital marketing strategy
- How to draft and properly optimize press releases that will show up on Google’s page number one
- Ways to distribute press releases through free and paid online distribution channels
- How to monitor and measure the success of your search engine-optimized press releases
- What is Public Relations (PR)?
- Why a press release maybe good for SEO but not for getting media attention
- How to get free press coverage (earned media)
- 3 Tips on getting journalists to write about your company
About the Presenters
Marc Gutman, Founder and Publicist at WildStory Media
Marc Gutman is founder of WildStory Media, a Boulder-based, boutique Public Relations firm specializing in PR, media relations, corporate communications, reputation management, social media, and digital strategy.
Marc loves helping business of all types get more recognition and get their wild stories out to the world.
Chris Raulf, Founder and Digital Marketing Expert at Boulder SEO Marketing
Chris Raulf is founder of Boulder SEO Marketing, a boutique online SEO training and consulting agency located in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. Chris and his team assist local, national as well international clients with all of their SEO, social media and content marketing needs.
Chris has 15+ years of digital marketing expertise under his belt and The Online Marketing Institute recently added him to their “Top 40+ Digital Strategists in Marketing for 2014” list. Find and connect with Chris on LinkedIn.