How an Elevation Tent Manufacturer Climbed 20 Positions on Google to Land the #1 Spot:
Mountain Air Cardio SEO Case Study
As an outdoor enthusiast myself, I was excited to help Mountain Air Cardio gain a lot more traction in search results. And the day they surpassed REI? I was blown away!
Founder and President, BSM
At a Glance
When Mountain Air Cardio turned to us for help, their website was in fairly good shape from a technical standpoint. On a practical level, however, their homepage was a bit convoluted, and it wasn’t entirely clear what they provided. As you can imagine, this was hurting their bottom line. They were also facing some SEO challenges and couldn’t seem to break onto the first—or even second—page of Google for their most important keyword phrase. With that in mind, they were hoping to achieve the following:
- Reach page 1 of Google for “elevation tents”
- Surpass their biggest competitors on the SERPs for relevant keyword phrases
- Establish their products as the best on the market
- Foster trust among those in need of elevation tents, like endurance athletes
After evaluating the client’s website from all angles, we determined their homepage was a prime candidate for a Micro-SEO Strategy℠ focused on the keyword “elevation tents.” We set to work right away by taking the following steps:
- Created a wireframe outlining the layout of the new homepage
- Obtained approval of the wireframe from the client
- Created optimized content for all the text potions of the wireframe
- Incorporated images, videos, CTAs, FAQs, and infographics on the home page
- Optimized the meta data on the back end of the page
- Updated the page’s schema and internal linking
Once we launched the updated page, we supported it with a press release and several posts on various social media platforms. As we watched the client climb the SERPs for “elevation tents,” we continued publishing content for them, so they could maintain their momentum and ultimately achieve their SEO goals.
Google wasted no time in recognizing Mountain Air Cardio’s updated home page. While it’s virtually impossible to address all the algorithm’s ranking signals–no one knows exactly what they are, after all– we were confident our hyper-focused approach had at least touched on the most important ones. Consequently, our client’s home page soared to the top of the SERP and landed on the number one slot for “elevation tents.” That meant people who were actually looking to rent or buy their products could finally find them with ease.
About Boulder SEO Marketing
View Additional Case Studies
ESP Pet Specialists | Local Business SEO Case Study
This is one of my favorite success stories because it’s founded on more than a year’s worth of data. ESP has been with us for a while, and it’s been incredible to watch their traffic continue increasing consistently.